Thursday, April 18, 2013

Color did not stop even if Blogger did

Colorful things were going on around here during the time Blogger was not working.  Here are two of my favorites.
We inherited this chair from dear neighbors.  It was such a light blue, that whenever I asked a child to go get me the blue chair, they had no idea what I was talking about.  "Oh, thaaaat chair." 

I am a problem solver!  Of course the kids are teenagers now, and they remember which one I am referring to.  Better late than never though!
My sister adopted a wee little baby girl, so I whipped up a cheerful quilt for her.   I always make a point of making girl baby gifts NOT pink.  As much as I adore pink, a mother can only take so much.

"Whipped up" makes it sound so easy.  Our oldest was my virtual shoulder to cry on when I realized, too late, that fabric width has been reduced on the bolts for sale at JoAnn's.  Is it this way everywhere?  My goal of working through my stash made it so I have not had to by an exact amount of fabric for a quilt for almost a couple of years now.

The good news is that I used up most of my stash just in time to move to Texas.  Fabric is heavy to move!

Those of you near and dear to me can have photos of our new Eveleen.  Just let me know in the comments, or email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying "HI";!