Sunday, April 21, 2013

Won't You Be My Neighbor? Llama neighbor that is.

The Dallas area is full of surprises.  Where else can you cross over the six lane highway by your house and have a llama ranch next to a school?

The ranch was obviously here first, because it is on both sides of the large road we live on.  This fellow is definitely the "alpha male", or female.  (Hey, I am too busy trying to get a good photo without blocking traffic in order to find out.)

He is busy strutting his stuff by the fence while everyone else lounges under the trees.  Being the boss is definitely not all it is cracked up to be.

On a homier note.  Did you notice I mentioned another baby project?  It is in the post, but I have to wait until my sister gets it before I can show you, my blogging peeps.  

I feel like the llama stalking my email to see word that it arrived in Utah.  Pace back and forth, back and forth...

3 comments:

  1. He's a cutie. We got to see lots of llamas when we were in Peru. They are such sweet animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had lots of these in CA. Dick and Barb even had a couple to protect the sheep from the coyotes - they were prolific out there! Never lost a sheep again - great "watch dog" animal. Didn't like the spitting, though! ;) I love how you have the mixture of animals and urban all thrown together - makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it sure is fun! I was mistaken, eight lanes. Woohoo, turn up the stereo!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying "HI";!