Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Break Sculptures in Downtown Dallas

Floating Sculpture by Marta pan
Our eighteen year old and I galavanted around downtown Dallas yesterday.  I was glad that we took the time to get a closer look at the Henry Moore sculpture in front of City Hall, because this fun piece near it is not very noticeable from the road.  It was pretty windy, so the larger part kept spinning around.  How whimsical!
Fallen Police Officer Memorial - link to officer names
Dallas City Hall, in the background, is quite the striking building, and a sculpture in itself.  We found four pieces in the front.  I wonder if we missed any.
Of course I had to take him to Pioneer Park where the bronze cattle round up is.  My camera decided to die right as we got to the large beasts.  This is the second time I have been unable to get a good shot of them.  They are just the sort of sculpture a teenage guy can appreciate.

There is an area with trees spanning between the antique cemetery and the cattle.  This tree was so fragrant that we could tell it was there before we saw it.  The flowering trees in our neighborhood are not that way.  I cannot wait to see what fruit this one produces. 
Library Photo & Site Link
Pioneer Park is near the downtown location of the Dallas Library, so I will have lots of opportunities to get you some good photographs.

Right now though, I am going to go finish my morning coffee with one of the books we picked up there.  You never go by a library without getting a book!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying "HI";!